Thursday, 20 November 2014

TRAVEL TIPS: CHILLIN IN LITHUANIA

Lithuania was the last place I have visited during Baltic trip (impression from Heslinki are HERE, from Tallin HERE and from Latvia HERE)

How to travel there?
I was travelling to Lithuania from Riga and I have chosen EcoLines buses services (website HERE). Strength of it: internet connection via wifi is active regardless in which country you are. Weakness: seats are small, so not very comfy. Additional note: the bus did not come on time, eventhough there was no major obstacles on the way (35 min late).

What I have been doing there?
I have been visiting my friend at her place, in the village Kursenai, surrounded by wild forests and lakes.

The most amazing experience from this trip?
Waking up early in the morning to swim in the lake nearby. If you ever have opportunity to do so, try it! It is so refreshing and relaxing :D

What to eat in Lithuania?
Definitely try traditional dishes. It is quite fat, so do not overestimate you possibilities, but give it a try. Lithuania is full of restaurants serving so called- home food, which is fresh and made from local ingredients. I love the most: Saldus Kukurudzaj, soup served in loaf of bread, cooked white cheese.

Place to visit?
HILL OF CROSSES- one of sanctuary in Lithuania, name of it is self-explanatory, 'cos it is a hill with lots of crosses on it. The legend is sayin that, if you leave a croos there, it will bring luck to you and people you care about.
VILNIUS- capital city with beautiful art nouveau architecture. Unfortunately I had a bit of travel- issues when getting to Vilnius. After couple of hours I have been there I can definitely say I want to see more!


19 comments:

  1. Amazing! Loving the photos and tips!
    Much love from Miami,
    Borka
    www.chicfashionworld.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nature does have a way of making you fall in love with it. The image of the crosses is impressive, I like the idea!

    xx,
    Tania
    http://inspiremyfancy.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. One of my friend has been there too!

    Check out my new post Here!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice pics ^^

    kisses
    http://www.mademoisellemode.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great pictures.
    Feliz fin de semana, cariños desde Costa Rica

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fantastic post, thanks for sharing! <3

    I have a new outfit post up, let me know what you think! :)

    http://electricsunrise.blogspot.co.uk/

    x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great post@ I'd love to visit Lithuania sometime !

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like a great place to visit. i love the soup served in a loaf of bread.
    www.effortlesslady.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice Post!

    http://teryskills.blogspot.pt/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...