Wednesday, 17 September 2014

TRAVEL TIPS FROM TALLIN

If you ever have opportunity, go to Tallin! 

I have visited it on the way from Helsinki to Latvia. It was my transit point between VIKING LINE FERRY I took from Helsinki and SimpleExpress Bus I was about to travel with to Riga.

I arrived with the ferry to the at midnight. The harbor isactually not very representative part of the city (at least at night, when I came at night, it does not seem friendly). Luckily it takes not longer than 10 minutes on foot to reach the city center, which gives totally opposite impression.  

Tallin's old town is a fairytale place. Old buildings, small streets creating a maze, with lots of hidden staircases leading from lower to upper parts of the city and lots of passages through gates and gardens and all this is surrounded by massive walls.

What I really liked about the city was that everything is easily accessible. City is not very big, so use of public transportation isn't needed. (unless you are in a situation like myself, when you urgently nees a pair of fashionable sunglasses- I sat on the old ones, such an unlucky coincidence) Tickets for public transport can be bought on every newspaper stand- for more info click HERE .

The choice of restaurants, variations of coffee places and pubs is just impressive.The place I loved was Indian restaurant Chakra, Dubliner Pub  and Boheem.

 sunrise in Tallin


on the border between old town and the city

one of the passages

one of the staircases


one of the gates


old town


my lunch in Chakra


6 comments:

  1. This town must be really beautiful and I think absolutely a visit worth! Thanks a lot for sharing so many amazing pictures <3
    xx from Germany/Bavaria, Rena

    www.dressedwithsoul.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi hun, hope you have been well. Its been so hectic with work and studies recently so I had to take a break from blogging. I will try to get back to it when I have some free time. Missed reading your posts…Have a great week. You can find me at frillsandthrills@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. nice post!!!
    http://befashion31.blogspot.it/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Interesting post, beautiful place!
    ritaaflyatunova.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful!

    xx

    http://www.madridforniagirl.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a pretty place! Thanks for sharing with us. :))

    xx,
    Tania
    http://inspiremyfancy.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...